Surf Kayak Instructor Workshop.
February 8, 9 + 10, 2013.
The Instructor Certification Workshop is designed for current ACA instructors, but the course will also be run as a Instructor Development Workshop for future aspirant coaches. All participants must be ACA members and Red Cross/CPR certified.
Day One : Covers a 'teaching and learning styles' refresher for the progressive teacher, as well as a flatwater strokes primer.
Day Two : Intro to the Surf - Safety and Etiquette for the novice paddler on SOT. Practical progression from flat to fast. (L2)
Day Three : L3 Intro to Surf - Nuts and Bolts moves and personal skills evaluation.
Yes, there will be some surfing.
Instructors will be scored on:
- Personal and group safety.
- The ability to relay information in a concise and interesting manner.
- Enthusiasm and personality.
- Knowledge of the sport.
- Knowledge of the ACA.
- Personal skills and personel skills.
- Operating an ACA surf kayak class within the designated remit.